We may end up in the Citrus and Fla. to Sugar

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That's what's being said right now. Nothing is set in stone, just what's being said.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Some say citrus, some say sugar. No one truly knows yet. The ones talking have been getting it wrong all year anyways so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

I look at like this.
1. Sugar usually takes highest ranked SEC not in championship.
2. Florida left a bad taste in the committees mouth the last time they went.
3. I think Bama destroys Florida easily in SEC championship,
4. Our key injuries early on will be considered.
5. We were 4-1 against the top 25 this year.
6. They will be 1-3 come Saturday.(of course that 1 was against us)

I like our chances.
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

With us being #13 and Florida being #18 before they lose to Alabama. If they lose to Alabama, I don't see how the Sugar would choose them.
-----
Go Rebs!!
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

They also will consider how excited Ole Miss fans will be to return to the Sugar Bowl after 45 years. Last trip was 1970, and Archie beat Arkansas single-handedly. Was there in old Tulane Stadium to watch that one with my brother. No reason to think that OM fans won't try to buy up 40 to 50,000 seats one way or another. Florida fans will likely have lost two in a row--one to Florida State and one to Alabama. 'Bama game could be as ugly as FSU was. The Citrus should be more interested in Florida anyway, since their fans won't have as far to travel. In years when the SEC champion is not available because of playoff status, the Sugar Bowl is expected to take the highest-ranked SEC team left. There is no way that will not be Ole Miss. Chances are, there will be a behind-the-scenes agreement for the two scenarios: one if Alabama wins, and the other if Florida wins. If Florida upsets 'Bama, then no SEC team will go to the playoff. Florida will get the Sugar Bowl, 'Bama will get the Citrus and Ole Miss could end up in Tampa or Jacksonville. No reason not to be solidly behind 'Bama next Saturday, and I really have a hard time seeing Florida coming up with enough offense to win that game.

Current Playoff Rankings: Ole Miss #13. Florida #18. Ole Miss won't lose ground as a result of this weekend's games, could move up a spot. If 'Bama wins, Florida most certainly will fall to between #20 and #25. There are about ten reasons to take Ole Miss, and only one to take Florida--the head-to-head when we were without Tunsil. I'd truly be surprised if we don't get the bid.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:They also will consider how excited Ole Miss fans will be to return to the Sugar Bowl after 45 years. Last trip was 1970, and Archie beat Arkansas single-handedly. Was there in old Tulane Stadium to watch that one with my brother. No reason to think that OM fans won't try to buy up 40 to 50,000 seats one way or another. Florida fans will likely have lost two in a row--one to Florida State and one to Alabama. 'Bama game could be as ugly as FSU was. The Citrus should be more interested in Florida anyway, since their fans won't have as far to travel. In years when the SEC champion is not available because of playoff status, the Sugar Bowl is expected to take the highest-ranked SEC team left. There is no way that will not be Ole Miss. Chances are, there will be a behind-the-scenes agreement for the two scenarios: one if Alabama wins, and the other if Florida wins. If Florida upsets 'Bama, then no SEC team will go to the playoff. Florida will get the Sugar Bowl, 'Bama will get the Citrus and Ole Miss could end up in Tampa or Jacksonville. No reason not to be solidly behind 'Bama next Saturday, and I really have a hard time seeing Florida coming up with enough offense to win that game.

Current Playoff Rankings: Ole Miss #13. Florida #18. Ole Miss won't lose ground as a result of this weekend's games, could move up a spot. If 'Bama wins, Florida most certainly will fall to between #20 and #25. There are about ten reasons to take Ole Miss, and only one to take Florida--the head-to-head when we were without Tunsil. I'd truly be surprised if we don't get the bid.
I agree with u, I think we go to sugar also.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Went to check ticket prices and here's what I saw......

http://www.allstatesugarbowl.org/site.php
loophole54
Water Boy
Water Boy

To Titles r US

Actually, the head to head when we were without Tunsil AND when Florida was playing an illegal quarterback. The fact that it still counts as a Florida win really chaps me!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bama does what Bama should do, Florida does what Florida has been doing, there is absolutely no debate or question... We go to the Sugar Bowl...