Chad Kelly awesomeness revisited...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

are there still naysayers out there that think that Chad Kelly's college career is inferior to Eli? Tell me again? I just don't see it.
Later,
Hagar
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Did you get the idea from the post game interview on radio that he IS considering going pro? Sounded like it to me. Not that he is going to, but that he is looking at it.
-----
Go Rebs!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:are there still naysayers out there that think that Chad Kelly's college career is inferior to Eli? Tell me again? I just don't see it.

Ha, man you are killing that dead horse... Again, apples to oranges.. Kelly's wr core might be the best in the country.. Eli's bottom half of the league.. Kelly plays in a wide open system.. Eli in a pro style offense. Kelly gets far more plays a game because we play basketball on grass.. Y'all can knock yourselves saying he is better, but I think it is unfair to both guys to compare them.. Kelly has had an amazing year.. He still makes some bad reads, but makes up for them with his freak talent.. I think Kelly comes back, but I am sure it would depend on his grade. If he is in that guaranteed money range, would probably go. Last projections I saw, he was not. These last couple of games might help his cause..
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

darylscook wrote:Did you get the idea from the post game interview on radio that he IS considering going pro? Sounded like it to me. Not that he is going to, but that he is looking at it.

I didn't listen to Kelly on the radio, what did he say?
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
darylscook wrote:Did you get the idea from the post game interview on radio that he IS considering going pro? Sounded like it to me. Not that he is going to, but that he is looking at it.

I heard him on the radio....guess I missed it..he was a class act, talking about his teammates, offensive line, receivers, coaches, "these are my brothers and I love them" etc.....
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

maybe I didn't make my initial question fully understood... I did say compare "College Career's" between the 2. the main thing that stands out to me is the 300 yd games in a row...9, I think the total is now... Wow!
Later,
Hagar
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote:

He just left the door open, said he was going to look at film, weigh his options, etc.
You can listen to the interview here: https://soundcloud.com/img-audio/kelly-post
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Really doubt he leaves, fully expect him back. But again, just my opinion.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Kelly's "body of work" in college isn't extensive enough to warrant guaranteed money in the NFL right now. Plus, I still think NFL management wants to see him play another year to make sure any character issues don't reappear. He sure didn't sound like he was leaving when he started the "one more year" chant directed at Treadwell.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Uncle Jim, who is clearly his mentor, has been very visible at Ole Miss games this year. No one knows what the pros are like like Jim Kelly. He'll advise his nephew to stay and fine-tune. Plus, Ole Miss has a real shot at going to Atlanta and winning the SEC. Should have this past year, as we all know. Also, Kelly could contend for the Heisman if he has a really consistent season. Lastly, Kelly realizes he owes Freeze and Ole Miss for taking a chance on him--not once, but twice, after the dust-up in Buffalo. I'd be shocked if Kelly declared.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

Stats don't lie
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.59 KiB) Viewed 1852 times
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Uncle Jim, who is clearly his mentor, has been very visible at Ole Miss games this year. No one knows what the pros are like like Jim Kelly. He'll advise his nephew to stay and fine-tune. Plus, Ole Miss has a real shot at going to Atlanta and winning the SEC. Should have this past year, as we all know. Also, Kelly could contend for the Heisman if he has a really consistent season. Lastly, Kelly realizes he owes Freeze and Ole Miss for taking a chance on him--not once, but twice, after the dust-up in Buffalo. I'd be shocked if Kelly declared.
Jim HAS been advising on a fourth year in college....hope it holds firm.