Dandy Don gives his insight

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Week 8 - Oct. 22 Ole Miss

Now we’re entering the portion of the season where LSU’s 2015 campaign went off the tracks. Fortunately, the Tigers get Ole Miss before they play Alabama this year with a bye week in between those encounters. If all went goes well against Southern Miss the week before, as expected, the Tigers should enter this matchup somewhat rested. This will come in handy in defending the Rebels’ great athletes on the perimeter with Chad Kelly orchestrating the offense once again. Last season, Kelly was phenomenal, leading the SEC in passing with 310 passing yards per game and totaling 31 passing touchdowns (ninth in the nation). Ole Miss’ greatest recruiting class ever is gone now, but Kelly will still have weapons on the offensive side, including 2015 breakout Damore’ea Stringfellow, Quincy Adeboyejo, DeMarkus Lodge and Markell Pack, as well as newcomers A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf. Ole Miss is unproven in the running game, and the Rebels have struggled to produce a back capable of picking up yards between the tackles on a consistent basis in recent years. So in this contest, LSU’s strength will meet Ole Miss’ strength. The Tigers’ secondary will have its hands full with talented players on the perimeter and a gunslinger quarterback, but if any secondary has the ability to limit this passing offense, it’s LSU’s. As for the Tigers’ offense, LSU should benefit from Ole Miss’ loss of both Nkemdiche brothers, as well as their depleted linebacker corps. That opens the door for a healthy serving of Leonard Fournette and Derrius Guice.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think we have the LB covered with the recent Juco recruit and HS recruits. We get Issac Gross back with Speaks having a year under his belt. I don't see a problem on "D" right now.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GtownRebel wrote:I think we have the LB covered with the recent Juco recruit and HS recruits. We get Issac Gross back with Speaks having a year under his belt. I don't see a problem on "D" right now.

D should be better
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I have no problem with our offense. We have a proven QB and he is one of the best. OL will be really good. Running backs should be better this year. And no one should question our receivers abilities to play ball.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

GtownRebel wrote:I have no problem with our offense. We have a proven QB and he is one of the best. OL will be really good. Running backs should be better this year. And no one should question our receivers abilities to play ball.
Agreed... barring injuries we should be better and the schedule should be more forgiving if you ask me.
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
GtownRebel wrote:I have no problem with our offense. We have a proven QB and he is one of the best. OL will be really good. Running backs should be better this year. And no one should question our receivers abilities to play ball.
Agreed... barring injuries we should be better and the schedule should be more forgiving if you ask me.

If we survive September. That first month of schedule is tough
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

bbqit wrote:
Hagar wrote:

If we survive September. That first month of schedule is tough
At least with our Sept schedule depth usually isn't an issue...more recently that issue has been an Achilles heel. We got lucky playing bama early last year...I feel sure that having fresh legs and attitudes for the meat of our tougher schedule has gotta help some.
Later,
Hagar