rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

U can take Penny and White out also.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Egg on face. Feels just like the Cutcliffe/O fire/hire.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Got this feeling we are getting ready to be stuck with Bulldog Davis...Hope I am wrong......
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Buzz Williams
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Earl Grant.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
steve nichols
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Kermit David with John Brady assistant
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Oh well
Goroth

Can't say that I am excited at all about Davis. Don't see the program reaching new heights. Also don't see a good team for two or three years. But I could be wrong and hope I am. Maybe I can go to a some free non SEC games in the future.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:54 pm Can't say that I am excited at all about Davis. Don't see the program reaching new heights. Also don't see a good team for two or three years. But I could be wrong and hope I am. Maybe I can go to a some free non SEC games in the future.
Why is this what the administration wants?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ross is all talk. Next time Ohio State comes calling, he can kicks rocks for all I care..
Chucky_38
All American
All American

The administration swung for the fences in both football and basketball. Big name coaches said “no thanks” to great facilities, a beautiful campus and big money. I dont think we can blame the administration for that. They reached out to Taggart and Matta. They tried. People just don’t want to work here. Look at all three of MS’ program hires. Go back 30 years if you want. It’s wash ups, NCAA scandal ridden 2nd chancers and first time head coaches for the overwhelming majority of the time. Just how it is. Personally I think AK probably maxed the program’s potential and I think KD will do the same. But big names realize that you can’t do much more than 6-6 (without NCAA on us) and 20 win seasons here.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm The administration swung for the fences in both football and basketball. Big name coaches said “no thanks” to great facilities, a beautiful campus and big money. I dont think we can blame the administration for that. They reached out to Taggart and Matta. They tried. People just don’t want to work here. Look at all three of MS’ program hires. Go back 30 years if you want. It’s wash ups, NCAA scandal ridden 2nd chancers and first time head coaches for the overwhelming majority of the time. Just how it is. Personally I think AK probably maxed the program’s potential and I think KD will do the same. But big names realize that you can’t do much more than 6-6 (without NCAA on us) and 20 win seasons here.
Disagree wholeheartedly.. We didn't swing for the fences, we tried to get a retread middle aged coach, who has been to the final four and will have other offers. It was a name that pops up for multiple jobs. As far as Taggart was holding out for FSU and he played that right. There are 347 division 1 basketball teams. There are a lot of up and comers who would do really well at Ole Miss. Duke hired a coach from Army, worked out pretty well for them. Toledo hired a guy named Nick Saban. Gotta have the vision and skill to make a hire that the average jr high fan could not make. Will you hit a home run every swing? Nope, but you have to have the guts to take a swing.

P.S.
Some guy named Nate Oats just beat Arizona by 23 with Buffalo...
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Well maybe it will work out good. Im as underwhelmed overall as the next guy with the Luke/Davis hires, but they aren’t trainwrecks. And they could turn out really well.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm The administration swung for the fences in both football and basketball. Big name coaches said “no thanks” to great facilities, a beautiful campus and big money. I dont think we can blame the administration for that. They reached out to Taggart and Matta. They tried. People just don’t want to work here. Look at all three of MS’ program hires. Go back 30 years if you want. It’s wash ups, NCAA scandal ridden 2nd chancers and first time head coaches for the overwhelming majority of the time. Just how it is. Personally I think AK probably maxed the program’s potential and I think KD will do the same. But big names realize that you can’t do much more than 6-6 (without NCAA on us) and 20 win seasons here.
Perfect answer that many are unwilling to accept, but it’s the truth. I’m glad I’m not alone.