Hearing Forbes out of running.

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:36 pm
Chucky_38 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm The administration swung for the fences in both football and basketball. Big name coaches said “no thanks” to great facilities, a beautiful campus and big money. I dont think we can blame the administration for that. They reached out to Taggart and Matta. They tried. People just don’t want to work here. Look at all three of MS’ program hires. Go back 30 years if you want. It’s wash ups, NCAA scandal ridden 2nd chancers and first time head coaches for the overwhelming majority of the time. Just how it is. Personally I think AK probably maxed the program’s potential and I think KD will do the same. But big names realize that you can’t do much more than 6-6 (without NCAA on us) and 20 win seasons here.
Perfect answer that many are unwilling to accept, but it’s the truth. I’m glad I’m not alone.
I disagree. While I think it is harder to win here than a lot of places, I think it can be done. In football, we just need to learn how to do it properly. Not have the HC tell all to call and tell on us if u find anything we did wrong. And learn how to cover our tracks better. And not have an IGNORANT administration willing to tell everything they know. In basketball, not have a chancellor cut the legs off the momentum of opening a new arena, and having probably your best recruiting class in school history. Seems a bad administration is involved in both instances. With good leadership (something we don't have right now) I think we can take that next step. But u are only as good as the head. Have to have good leadership to take that next step. I personally don't think we have that leadership right now.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

You can win anywhere. The money is there. After that it is proper leadership. Good lord Texas tech went to a cotton bowl. Msu went to Atlanta. What South Carolina winning anything but baseball? We are so far above many out there.