Georgia State

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs win Game 1 by a final of 5-3. Game 2 tomorrow at 2:00.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Had some base running errors in this one again. Need to clean that up. It’s probably a 5 run game if not for the mistakes. Adams dropped routine pop up in short right to kickstart GSU rally in the ninth. Woolfolk comes in and pitches out of a bases loaded no out jam. Great win tonight.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

WildRebel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm Had some base running errors in this one again. Need to clean that up. It’s probably a 5 run game if not for the mistakes. Adams dropped routine pop up in short right to kickstart GSU rally in the ninth. Woolfolk comes in and pitches out of a bases loaded no out jam. Great win tonight.
Woolfolk CREATED that bases loaded jam. First 5 pitches were balls. Got a fielder's choice at the plate, then a game - ending double play. Hate that we had to use him mid-week.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah the base running mistakes are really frustrating. Seems it has happened a lot this year already.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

CrossroadsReb wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 pm
WildRebel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm Had some base running errors in this one again. Need to clean that up. It’s probably a 5 run game if not for the mistakes. Adams dropped routine pop up in short right to kickstart GSU rally in the ninth. Woolfolk comes in and pitches out of a bases loaded no out jam. Great win tonight.
Woolfolk CREATED that bases loaded jam. First 5 pitches were balls. Got a fielder's choice at the plate, then a game - ending double play. Hate that we had to use him mid-week.
Sure he did. But was able to get out...with some help from the infield I might add. It’s good to face adversity from time to time.im happy with the way the game went...now that we’ve won.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm Yeah the base running mistakes are really frustrating. Seems it has happened a lot this year already.
Yes it is. Seems they’ve taken a really aggressive approach to running bases. I’m good with that, but outside of 2 or 3 regulars, I don’t think we’re a speedy team. I like aggressive baseball and getting in scoring position, but the mistakes they’re making are ridiculous.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Game 2 is underway. Rebels up 4-0 after 1.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

I’m going to toot my own horn for a minute...I said Cockrell will step up and be a hitter this year, I think he may be our best at the plate. ;)
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

He’s a hoss for sure. Hopefully it’ll carry over to SEC play
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

8-0 Rebs after 5. Fowler has been cruising on the mound today.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebelbear wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:21 pm He’s a hoss for sure. Hopefully it’ll carry over to SEC play
And he’s went down swinging badly twice after I posted. Lol, maybe not a good gauge though because hitters tend to over swing with big leads. They’ve looked good at the plate today. Fowler also throwing a heck of a game.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

16-2 final and the Rebs move to 17-1 on the year going in to SEC play.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

This is a good team. The hitting has bothered me because I keep seeing flashes of last year but they do seem to be making strides for the better. I like the mix of talent on this team, something we haven’t had since the 2013 year. ready to see how they come out against SEC competition. Our league is always tough but looks to be tougher than normal this year.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

This team has a chance to be special. But they’re about to take a big step up in competition. Hopefully they make the adjustment and keep rolling.