NCAA Tourney

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Watching the NCAA tourney, I see how far off of the standard we are. There are teams that do not have anywhere close to our physical talent, but they play pure basketball and are successful. It also aggravates me to see how we made our hire. If Davis was our best option, at the end of the day, fine. But, there are a lot of young energetic coaches that would have jumped at the opportunity to take our job.. Cinderella coach Ryan Odom at UMBC makes 230K a year. He was hired without a search firm. Why not take a shot at one of those type guys? Making the hire this late, and with our coach still coaching another team, why not wait? Was somebody else going to hire Davis away from us? Nope. If we had to end up coming back to Davis, come back to him. I will leave it alone, but I am just really down on Bjork as an AD. Fundraiser and politician, great job, but AD and leader not so much..
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:41 am Watching the NCAA tourney, I see how far off of the standard we are. There are teams that do not have anywhere close to our physical talent, but they play pure basketball and are successful. It also aggravates me to see how we made our hire. If Davis was our best option, at the end of the day, fine. But, there are a lot of young energetic coaches that would have jumped at the opportunity to take our job.. Cinderella coach Ryan Odom at UMBC makes 230K a year. He was hired without a search firm. Why not take a shot at one of those type guys? Making the hire this late, and with our coach still coaching another team, why not wait? Was somebody else going to hire Davis away from us? Nope. If we had to end up coming back to Davis, come back to him. I will leave it alone, but I am just really down on Bjork as an AD. Fundraiser and politician, great job, but AD and leader not so much..
Hiring an up and coming has always been my favorite way to hire. Energy energy energy!! No recycling bin of coaches. If he is a winner one of two things happen. One he gets offered his dream job. That’s ok cause he shown the path at Ole Miss is what we say it should be. Two he stays because he knows how great Oxford is. Has been coaches are for cusa. Hope Houston Nutt reads this.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:42 am
MageeRebel425 wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:41 am Watching the NCAA tourney, I see how far off of the standard we are. There are teams that do not have anywhere close to our physical talent, but they play pure basketball and are successful. It also aggravates me to see how we made our hire. If Davis was our best option, at the end of the day, fine. But, there are a lot of young energetic coaches that would have jumped at the opportunity to take our job.. Cinderella coach Ryan Odom at UMBC makes 230K a year. He was hired without a search firm. Why not take a shot at one of those type guys? Making the hire this late, and with our coach still coaching another team, why not wait? Was somebody else going to hire Davis away from us? Nope. If we had to end up coming back to Davis, come back to him. I will leave it alone, but I am just really down on Bjork as an AD. Fundraiser and politician, great job, but AD and leader not so much..
Hiring an up and coming has always been my favorite way to hire. Energy energy energy!! No recycling bin of coaches. If he is a winner one of two things happen. One he gets offered his dream job. That’s ok cause he shown the path at Ole Miss is what we say it should be. Two he stays because he knows how great Oxford is. Has been coaches are for cusa. Hope Houston Nutt reads this.
Be careful, Thomas Mars will be suing you.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am
bbqit wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:42 am
Be careful, Thomas Mars will be suing you.
👍