Arky

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

In one of the most evenly matched best games of baseball I’ve ever seen, Rebs win 11-10 to take the series vs Arkansas. I do NOT wanna see that team again.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Two weekends in a row the Rebs have gone head to head with a top 5 team and both times won the series. Both series were down the wire every game. Good teams find ways to win close games and we’ve shown we can do that. This is a super special team and I hope they can keep it rolling into Starkville next weekend.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 pm In one of the most evenly matched best games of baseball I’ve ever seen, Rebs win 11-10 to take the series vs Arkansas. I do NOT wanna see that team again.
Exactly and me either!!!

Can someone please explain to me how they’ve lost 9 games?!! That is a very good team and winning this series is oh so important. I’m still trying to reel this last one in, lol. Can’t even comment on it other than wow. Clutch hitting and we didn’t get comfortable with the lead. Great job Rebs. Let’s go sweep State!!
gohogs14
Water Boy
Water Boy

WildRebel wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:39 pm
Chucky_38 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:01 pm In one of the most evenly matched best games of baseball I’ve ever seen, Rebs win 11-10 to take the series vs Arkansas. I do NOT wanna see that team again.
Exactly and me either!!!

Can someone please explain to me how they’ve lost 9 games?!! That is a very good team and winning this series is oh so important. I’m still trying to reel this last one in, lol. Can’t even comment on it other than wow. Clutch hitting and we didn’t get comfortable with the lead. Great job Rebs. Let’s go sweep State!!
Errors. It seems like we've lost most of our games by 1-2 runs after throwing the ball away in a crucial spot. Also doesn't help that our #2 and #4 pitchers are out with injuries right now.

With that said, we opened SEC play with Kentucky, Florida and Ole Miss who were all top 5 at the time. Schedule didn't do us any favors lol.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

gohogs14 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am
WildRebel wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:39 pm
Exactly and me either!!!

Errors. It seems like we've lost most of our games by 1-2 runs after throwing the ball away in a crucial spot. Also doesn't help that our #2 and #4 pitchers are out with injuries right now.

With that said, we opened SEC play with Kentucky, Florida and Ole Miss who were all top 5 at the time. Schedule didn't do us any favors lol.
Understood. I’m glad your #2 was out, lol, although I don’t think the fill in did that bad. I’m obviously biased but I think we have some of the best pitching in the league and y’all hit us like it was batting practice. Very disciplined batters that force pitchers to throw them a good pitch, that’s a hard thing to teach. I thoroughly enjoyed this series, will be hard to top that from this point on. It didn’t end in Arkansas’ Favor but you guys will win a bunch of games. No offense, but I hope we don’t play again this year!
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Maybe both teams will play for the championship in Omaha in the Final game. These 2 teams are probably the best in the West but time will tell.