MSU

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Game 1 postponed to Saturday. Two 9 inning games starting at 12:00 tomorrow.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

State wins game one after 3 innings. 10-2 Bulldogs and I’m through with this series. State can’t hit or score so we choke and make them look like LSU.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

State playing with a lot more effort than us. They’re finding all the holes and swinging a good bat. Ole miss better find some confidence or they could sweep the doubleheader.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Banco out thinking himself. Why change the lineup when u are 26-4?
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:06 pm Banco out thinking himself. Why change the lineup when u are 26-4?
I was telling my son when the game started I like fortes behind the plate and Adams at second. That lineup is good. As far as the pitching goes, I don’t think swapping feigl and Rolison was a bad move. All things considered, State wanted that win and played a great game, that’s why we lost.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Better showing in game 2. Left a lot of runners on base though. Rolison brought his A game today. Didn’t like what I saw in game 1 at all, especially considering who the opponent was. First time they’ve given up this year. We’ve got to somehow shake the game 1 nerves.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Win tomorrow and I’m happy. Good response in game 2. But to say I’m disappointed in the way we played in game one is an understatement.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

We were bound to have a game like Game 1 yesterday. We didn't pitch well, hit well, or field well and the weather was about as bad as it could possibly be. Unfortunately, State chose that same game to play their best ball all year. Bottom line is if we can win today and take the series, it's a successful weekend. There were very few fans in the stadium yesterday, I doubt that will be the case today.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Not looking good today either. UF is doing what elite teams do to bad teams.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Rebs have absolutely choked this series away.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

7-5 State. This is not an elite team. It’s a good team. Should host a regional. But we will not be a national seed. This team showed this weekend it’s not a top 8 team.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:24 pm 7-5 State. This is not an elite team. It’s a good team. Should host a regional. But we will not be a national seed. This team showed this weekend it’s not a top 8 team.
We’ll be ok. It was not a good weekend. Some teams take these rivalry matchups more serious than others. I don’t think anyone outside of Starkville will tell you State is better than Ole Miss. they are not, at all.

As for the game....that is a tough one to lose. But like yesterday, we left WAAAAY too many on base, something we have done well at all year. That and 2 our hitting. Give to State, they played a hell of a series. Made some web gems and saved some runs, hit the ball better than they have all year, and left us guessing a lot at the plate in big spots. Well coached game by Patterson. We’ll see them again....
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I refuse to give them credit. lol. They are bad. We gave this series away.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm
Chucky_38 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:24 pm 7-5 State. This is not an elite team. It’s a good team. Should host a regional. But we will not be a national seed. This team showed this weekend it’s not a top 8 team.
We’ll be ok. It was not a good weekend. Some teams take these rivalry matchups more serious than others. I don’t think anyone outside of Starkville will tell you State is better than Ole Miss. they are not, at all.

As for the game....that is a tough one to lose. But like yesterday, we left WAAAAY too many on base, something we have done well at all year. That and 2 our hitting. Give to State, they played a hell of a series. Made some web gems and saved some runs, hit the ball better than they have all year, and left us guessing a lot at the plate in big spots. Well coached game by Patterson. We’ll see them again....
So u are saying we were out coached..... state was averaging 1.86 runs a game coming into this series. They scored 21 runs in 3 games. 20 were scored in 2 games. Coming from a state family, I hate losing to them.
Last edited by rebeljim on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

rebeljim wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:30 pm
WildRebel wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm

So u are saying we were out coached..... state was averaging 1.86 runs a game coming into this series. They scored 21 runs in 3 games. 2 were scored in 2 games. Coming from a state family, I hate losing to them.
Not necessarily. I’m saying he made some good moves in the games. I don’t think it was “out coaching”. Bianco can’t get in the field and make plays. We simply didn’t execute some situations like we should have. Not to mention, State made a lot of good plays in the field to take hits away from us. State played their best baseball this weekend in front of their home crowd, they’ll watch us play from home at the end of the year. They can have their “World Series”.