SEC WEST CHAMPS!

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

SEC West Champs! (Co-Champs, but we have the tiebreaker) Ended up being a really big game because were were either a 2 seed or a 5. If we were the 5 we would have played day 1 and I don't know what that would have meant for us in the national seed race. I am guessing we would have had a lot of work to do in Hoover. I still would feel a lot better if we got one. We play the winner of Kentucky/ Auburn. I think I would prefer Kentucky. I am guessing they would hold Mize, until Thursday or Friday if they made it that far, but I still do not want to play them again. It would be hard to beat anybody 4 times in a row. Either way, handled business that had to be handled..
GtownRebel
All American
All American

We need 2 wins to get a good national seed.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 pm We need 2 wins to get a good national seed.
At this point we shouldn’t need anything to have a national seed. We’ve done more than enough.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Goroth

Got a little lucky to win the West. But will take it however it comes. I would like Ole Miss to win one to secure a good seed. I don't want to see them go 0-2.

But they should get a national seed either way. Just would rather have a top 6 seed than the 8.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:54 am Got a little lucky to win the West. But will take it however it comes. I would like Ole Miss to win one to secure a good seed. I don't want to see them go 0-2.

But they should get a national seed either way. Just would rather have a top 6 seed than the 8.
I still don’t trust the NCAA
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

D1 BB says these are locks for
National seeds -FL, Stanford, Arkansas, Oregon State and UNC.
Bubble National seeds - OM, UGA, Clemson
Supposedly, Ga. is ahead of us based on our RPI. And rumor they aren't taking 4 SEC teams as national seeds. I think we need to win a couple in Hoover to secure that national seed.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 pm D1 BB says these are locks for
Supposedly, Ga. is ahead of us based on our RPI. And rumor they aren't taking 4 SEC teams as national seeds. I think we need to win a couple in Hoover to secure that national seed.

That is garbage... So we finish tied with Arkansas, won the series head to head. UGA is the 3 seed, beat them 2 out of 3... I just don't see when you get down to looking head to head, how we wouldn't get the nod over both.. Who do we pitch Wednesday? Is Roth available?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

That doesn’t surprise me one bit
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

MageeRebel425 wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:35 pm
rebeljim wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 pm D1 BB says these are locks for

That is garbage... So we finish tied with Arkansas, won the series head to head. UGA is the 3 seed, beat them 2 out of 3... I just don't see when you get down to looking head to head, how we wouldn't get the nod over both.. Who do we pitch Wednesday? Is Roth available?
Our RPI is currently at 9. We are 9-3 against teams in the Top 20 in RPI, and 4-2 against Top 4 RPI teams. We should get a shot at Florida (1 in RPI) if we win our first game in Hoover. I personally don't see how Ark or UGA gets the nod over us either considering our overall record is better than both and we beat both head to head, but it's the NCAA so wth knows.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

So we potentially have to beat USM and MSU to get to Omaha. Better hope they lose before they play us.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Those projections are going to change a lot over the next few days. I do not think it is fair that we have to beat Southern in a regional. I have no beef with getting paired up with State again. If they can beat us 5 out of 7 times, they deserve to go to OMAHA.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

They’ve beaten us 8 of 9. They will have no trouble with us should they get the chance. I live in Columbus MS, I don’t need another loss to State in my life. lol. And no they don’t deserve anything
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Gotta win against Auburn tomorrow first.
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm Gotta win against Auburn tomorrow first.
Well that didn't go as planned :oops:
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!