For all the marbles... GAME 7!

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hoover means absolutely nothing if you can't close the deal. I am starting this thread for the SHIP because the last thread took a bad turn and we need to take a deep breath.. If you told us pre season 1 game at home for a super regional at home, we would have signed up for that. This season, I thought we were elite, average, slightly above average, average, elite, and average again. We will get our answer right here. I also think MB is coaching for his legacy right here. You can't keep rolling in the regular season then collapse in the postseason. Gotta coach em up... 1 game for all the marbles... Saw we were pitching Fowler.. Let's see what the Rebs are about...
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I’m at work. Would love some updates.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

3-2 Tech going into bottom of 8th, Tech coming to bat. We have 3 more outs.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Are you kidding me? We still can’t hit these guys?
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Season ended tonight with 3-2 win for Tenn Tech. That folks is baseball.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 pm Season ended tonight with 3-2 win for Tenn Tech. That folks is baseball.
That’s absolute bull. That’s not baseball. That’s Ole Miss. losing two in a row for the first time at home all year when it counts the most against an OVC team.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 pm Are you kidding me? We still can’t hit these guys?
They had an outfielder closing the game for them. Wonder when we hold Mike up to the same standard as Andy. Mike is the most under achieving coach we've had the last 5-6 years. We were out coached today. Why did we not take the first pitch in the first game? Try and run the pitch count up. They had a reliever pitching on one days rest, and his first start of the season. But there we were hacking away at the first pitch. Oh well, guess we can watch state play in their super. I'm sure my family will keep me updated on what state does. We are not an upper echelon SEC program.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Let’s put this in prospective - Ole Miss didn’t lose to a poor playing team. They were beat by the winningest team in the nation. I don’t give a rat’s behind what conference they play in. They were unstoppable today. They were fearless at the plate. The only way to get them was through their pitching and they kept us off balance. We lost to the better team. You can blame whom ever you want with your red and blue glasses on, but the fact is we were lucky to win one game against them as they out hit us every game. So we will have to disagree on your BS statement. Have a good evening.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

rebeljim wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 pm
Chucky_38 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 pm Are you kidding me? We still can’t hit these guys?
They had an outfielder closing the game for them. Wonder when we hold Mike up to the same standard as Andy. Mike is the most under achieving coach we've had the last 5-6 years. We were out coached today. Why did we not take the first pitch in the first game? Try and run the pitch count up. They had a reliever pitching on one days rest, and his first start of the season. But there we were hacking away at the first pitch. Oh well, guess we can watch state play in their super. I'm sure my family will keep me updated on what state does. We are not an upper echelon SEC program.
Not any sport are we an upper echelon team. Agreed. Doubt we will ever be there either with the administration Ole Miss has had over 40 years and continues to display. It starts at the top. I have to agree with you, Jimmy.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

GtownRebel wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm Let’s put this in prospective - Ole Miss didn’t lose to a poor playing team. They were beat by the winningest team in the nation. I don’t give a rat’s behind what conference they play in. They were unstoppable today. They were fearless at the plate. The only way to get them was through their pitching and they kept us off balance. We lost to the better team. You can blame whom ever you want with your red and blue glasses on, but the fact is we were lucky to win one game against them as they out hit us every game. So we will have to disagree on your BS statement. Have a good evening.
Absolutely disagree. No excuse for this. Have to wonder how expecting to win your own regional at home vs non power 5 competition is red and blue glasses. It doesn’t matter how you look at it, this team was our most talented team in program history and we lost at home to an team with very little talent comparatively. I cannot understand why anyone would defend this loss. But that’s just my opinion.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:30 pm
GtownRebel wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm Let’s put this in prospective - Ole Miss didn’t lose to a poor playing team. They were beat by the winningest team in the nation. I don’t give a rat’s behind what conference they play in. They were unstoppable today. They were fearless at the plate. The only way to get them was through their pitching and they kept us off balance. We lost to the better team. You can blame whom ever you want with your red and blue glasses on, but the fact is we were lucky to win one game against them as they out hit us every game. So we will have to disagree on your BS statement. Have a good evening.
Absolutely disagree. No excuse for this. Have to wonder how expecting to win your own regional at home vs non power 5 competition is red and blue glasses. It doesn’t matter how you look at it, this team was our most talented team in program history and we lost at home to an team with very little talent comparatively. I cannot understand why anyone would defend this loss. But that’s just my opinion.

Knee jerk reaction maybe, but at some point the rubber has to meet the road. TT wanted it more and took it. We played tight with an awful approach at the plate both games. They can smash, I get it, not mad about that. I am mad that we make pitchers with 6 ERAs look like Greg Maddox. Kid is in there throwing a 66 mph curve ball. Every few weeks my opinion of this team was like a roll a coaster. A guy who i respect and enjoyed his input even pitched a fit with an honest observation of this team not being elite. Well they are who I thought they were. Solid, not elite.. Elite teams get the job done at home in front of the largest crowds in the country. Mike Bianco is a hall of fame regular season coach.. He is horrendous when it counts the most. I wish he would just take an admin job with the school and go out to get a fresh voice in these team huddles. No excuse for what happened today. They had no pitching, heck they didn't even get 8 hours of sleep last night. It really is exhausting being an Ole Miss fan. I used to get so ill when people said it, but WAOM!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Something else that got all over me. I know Rolison's emotions were probably all over the place, late during the 7th inning he was selected with the 22nd pick. At that time, it turns into the Ryan Rolison draft special. Hugs through the dugout, interview with a split screen as we ground out to have 5 outs remaining in the game. 1. The draft needs to be after the college world series. 2. The sense of urgency wasn't there. This team ended up being mental midgets.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pro baseball should wait till play is over to draft and college baseball should be allowed more than 11.7 schollys
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just another late season collapse...…….typical.
WAOM
catfishboy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Bianco may be a decent coach, but he just cannot get his team to perform in the post season. 2018 is a year that Ole Miss should have been appearing in Omaha. Instead the Rebels give another lack luster performance in a home Regional and lose to an Ohio Valley Conference team. Even though TTU was the top offensive team in the country, there is no excuse for the SEC Champs to not be them at home.

Fans who are in reality know that Bianco has peaked and Ole Miss will do no better than they have done in the past. There is no doubt that Bianco has made Ole Miss a baseball school, but he just cannot get the team past the playoffs that count. It is time to retire Bianco, either let him find another job or give him an admin position, and hire someone who will take Ole Miss to Omaha. There is no excuse for the loss of the 2018 Oxford Regional, except extreme lack of focus.

Bianco Team Stats:

18 seasons
15 Regionals W-L: (5-10) .833 to participate, .333 to win if participating
5 Super Regionals W-L: (1-4) .278 to participate, .200 to win if participating
1 CWS Appearance .056 to participate, .000 to win if participating
0 National Titles .000
2 SEC Tournament Champs .111
Last edited by catfishboy on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.