State going to Omaha..

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

State is going to Omaha, they are up 7-2 in the 4th.. They are not going because they are really good or remotely consistent. They are going because they believe they are supposed to and play like it this time of year. We play completely opposite, like we are tight and scared to death.. I would like for us to sign some Jake Mangum type kids that are just all grit..
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Bianco has been the most underachieving coach we've had since Nutt left. To have the facilities, fan support AND administrative support, and to not accomplish more than he has, WAY past time for him to go. Of course he ain't going anywhere. He'll be back next year with a raise and contract extension. And we'll be sitting home before the CWS starts next year.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm State is going to Omaha, they are up 7-2 in the 4th.. They are not going because they are really good or remotely consistent. They are going because they believe they are supposed to and play like it this time of year. We play completely opposite, like we are tight and scared to death.. I would like for us to sign some Jake Mangum type kids that are just all grit..
Ventured over here out of boredom while I’m working nights. and I wish I didn’t as I’ve read some of the posts over last week or so. Promise i won’t be back as reading some of these posts really *beep* me off that some of our “fans” really are this way.

Please for the love of god go be a State fan. You spend more time thinking about them than Ole Miss anyway. Ole miss wouldn’t miss you one bit.

There is a reason there are only a baby’s handful of regular posters here...it took me a while to figure it out but I finally did.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 am
MageeRebel425 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:52 pm State is going to Omaha, they are up 7-2 in the 4th.. They are not going because they are really good or remotely consistent. They are going because they believe they are supposed to and play like it this time of year. We play completely opposite, like we are tight and scared to death.. I would like for us to sign some Jake Mangum type kids that are just all grit..
Ventured over here out of boredom while I’m working nights. and I wish I didn’t as I’ve read some of the posts over last week or so. Promise i won’t be back as reading some of these posts really *beep* me off that some of our “fans” really are this way.

Please for the love of god go be a State fan. You spend more time thinking about them than Ole Miss anyway. Ole miss wouldn’t miss you one bit.

There is a reason there are only a baby’s handful of regular posters here...it took me a while to figure it out but I finally did.
Because I am honest? I can't stand State, and don't worry about them in the least. I just call a spade a spade. If you can't see that we drastically under achieve in the post season, get with reality, bro. You live in Baton Rouge, obviously, your interaction with state fans is very limited. In the great state of MS, they make it unbearable. I am 33 and have been an Ole Miss fan since I could talk. I am not going to dignify you with proving my Ole Miss loyalty to you. You said you were done posting before, I hated that. I really do enjoy reading your posts, but you are being beyond sensitive. I am just not the type to be fed crap and smile and ask for more. Sorry.. Please tell me how we are wrong for being upset at how this season turned out? I don't know what you do for a living, but I coach so I am usually sensitive to coaches and quick to defend them. But, if the same things kept happening to my teams, I would have to take a long look in the mirror and figure out what I could change, or what I was doing that might have led to the reoccurring theme. Bianco's presser, "wellll if you don't win the championship your season ends with a loss." I don't like that answer. If that makes me a bad fan and you a great fan, cool. I am proud of the distinction. Baseball is the one sport we absolutely do not have to settle for anything below top tier.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

WildRebel wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 am

P.S. I spell my GOD with a big G... Do what you do, big dawg...
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pressure from football
Back yard basketball
Deflation from baseball

All this is nerve racking. Don’t let the media keep beating us. The fans are all that hasn’t imploded. Let’s keep it that way.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Gotta tip your hat to them. They made the most of their opportunity. That coach should have a permanent contract by the time they get back home.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Why are WE (Rebels) emotional about what State is doing? We shouldn't be....our success as a program should not hinge on what State does. We had a good year....it sucked the way it ended but that's just it....too many of our people are too emotional about how we ended when the truth is that that emotion is because of State seeing success.
Truth: This program would be nothing without Bianco. Truth: Bianco teams lack GRIT. Truth: The lack of grit= not winning late in the season when you have to dig deep and find something besides MLB tangibles...we don't have those intangibles like GRIT. Truth=State's players (especially Mangum)have GRIT.
How do we get grit? Stop only recruiting the kids that play for these high $$ programs around the country. They have no grit when things get tough....give me a dirtbag player that will give you all he has every time out and I will beat the hE77 out of a team full of "elite perfect game players" 9 out of 10 times.

I'm through...…I will now return to my normal smarta$$ self....
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As I've said before, I couldn't care less whether or not State goes to Omaha. I am very interested to see if Tennessee Tech makes it though.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:00 pm Bianco has been the most underachieving coach we've had since Nutt left. To have the facilities, fan support AND administrative support, and to not accomplish more than he has, WAY past time for him to go. Of course he ain't going anywhere. He'll be back next year with a raise and contract extension. And we'll be sitting home before the CWS starts next year.
There is one who underachieved more. At least
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 pm
rebeljim wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:00 pm Bianco has been the most underachieving coach we've had since Nutt left. To have the facilities, fan support AND administrative support, and to not accomplish more than he has, WAY past time for him to go. Of course he ain't going anywhere. He'll be back next year with a raise and contract extension. And we'll be sitting home before the CWS starts next year.
Andy did so much more with less. In baseball we have some of the best facilities in the country, with an actual history in baseball. And good pay for coach and assistants. But without a top assistsnt, Mike can't do it. Andy did what he did with a joke of an arena, no support or money from the administration. And a joke of a recruiting budget. Guess u always have to go after AK, think it's time to let that go. He got screwed, and time moves on. Personally, I think our entire sports department SUCKS. Our football recruiting is a joke right now. We are battling mid majors for players. Our baseball program chokes EVERY YEAR. Not much to get excited about.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

ThunderReb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am Why are WE (Rebels) emotional about what State is doing? We shouldn't be....our success as a program should not hinge on what State does. We had a good year....it sucked the way it ended but that's just it....too many of our people are too emotional about how we ended when the truth is that that emotion is because of State seeing success.
Truth: This program would be nothing without Bianco. Truth: Bianco teams lack GRIT. Truth: The lack of grit= not winning late in the season when you have to dig deep and find something besides MLB tangibles...we don't have those intangibles like GRIT. Truth=State's players (especially Mangum)have GRIT.
How do we get grit? Stop only recruiting the kids that play for these high $$ programs around the country. They have no grit when things get tough....give me a dirtbag player that will give you all he has every time out and I will beat the hE77 out of a team full of "elite perfect game players" 9 out of 10 times.

I'm through...…I will now return to my normal smarta$$ self....
Great post and good points.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

JustBlues wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 am As I've said before, I couldn't care less whether or not State goes to Omaha. I am very interested to see if Tennessee Tech makes it though.
I just hate to see programs that we are equal to in terns of fan support, salary and recruitment go farther than us consistently. And no, Tenn Tech did exactly what an OVC team on the road against a power 5 school in hand postseason is supposed to do...they lost. Twice.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm
lewindha wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:10 pm
Andy did so much more with less. In baseball we have some of the best facilities in the country, with an actual history in baseball. And good pay for coach and assistants. But without a top assistsnt, Mike can't do it. Andy did what he did with a joke of an arena, no support or money from the administration. And a joke of a recruiting budget. Guess u always have to go after AK, think it's time to let that go. He got screwed, and time moves on. Personally, I think our entire sports department SUCKS. Our football recruiting is a joke right now. We are battling mid majors for players. Our baseball program chokes EVERY YEAR. Not much to get excited about.
2 tourney in 12 years. 5 in the 10 before him for AK. We have the Pavilllion, not b/c of AK's 'success', but b/c we needed to keep up or really get left behind.

16 tourneys in 18 years. 4 appearances in the 29 years before Bianco. We have these facilities BECAUSE of Bianco's success.

You are an oddity, Jim. I could understand you if you supported both or wanted both gone. But, only insane people think AK did a great job and Bianco needs to be fired.

I can definitely see Bianco being on the hot seat next season. This was a disappointment. Hosting and being a national seed. Then, not making it out of the regional. Bianco is the head coach and definitely shoulders a lot of the blame for it. WHAAAAAAA?!?!?!?! I support Bianco, but can admit he shares blame in the program's failures. Who does that?
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Eric, my stance has NEVER changed. All I've been saying is AK deserved a chance with the new arena to see what he could do. He may have failed, but he didn't get that chance. He wasn't allowed to show what he could do with just a little support, something he NEVER got from this administration. After the first time in the Pavilion, which was just half a season, AK brought in Tyree, a 4* player ranked just out of the top 100. His first and only full season, he brought in the #16 rated class in the country. By far our highest rated class. At that moment, our program had momentum. Enter vitter, and the rest as they say, is history. But one more time, all I wanted was for Andy to get a chance to see what he could do with a decent arena and some actual support from our administration. Succeed or fail, he should have been given that chance. And he didn't get that chance. Now can we please move on. The haters got their wish, now let it lie.