State going to Omaha..

Baseball Related Discussions

Moderators: oxfordrebel, Rebel Security

GtownRebel
All American
All American

My stance is that both AK and MB have brought their teams to a certain level. Can they move to the next level? In my mind AK wasn't given a chance with the new arena and was booted. Bianco has been here long enough that although he has won many games, when it comes crunch time, his teams fail miserably. If everyone likes to get a regional once in 4 years, and make it to Omaha once every 12 years, so be it. I am burned out of sports with Ole Miss right now but might support the men's basketball team if they can show they are better than their predecessor.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am Why are WE (Rebels) emotional about what State is doing? We shouldn't be....our success as a program should not hinge on what State does. We had a good year....it sucked the way it ended but that's just it....too many of our people are too emotional about how we ended when the truth is that that emotion is because of State seeing success.
Truth: This program would be nothing without Bianco. Truth: Bianco teams lack GRIT. Truth: The lack of grit= not winning late in the season when you have to dig deep and find something besides MLB tangibles...we don't have those intangibles like GRIT. Truth=State's players (especially Mangum)have GRIT.
How do we get grit? Stop only recruiting the kids that play for these high $$ programs around the country. They have no grit when things get tough....give me a dirtbag player that will give you all he has every time out and I will beat the hE77 out of a team full of "elite perfect game players" 9 out of 10 times.

I'm through...…I will now return to my normal smarta$$ self....

Sorry I am so late getting back... I agree with a lot of things you said, but disagree with a few. I am not emotional at all about State. They are our in state rival and a Western division opponent. I am concerned with anybody that beats us consistently at any sport. They have owned us lately with much less talented teams. I am emotional because we were a national seed who could not handle business at home. I am not emotional because we got beat. I am emotional because we looked like mental midgets against Tenn Tech and that comes from the skipper. Texas did what was supposed to be done against a lesser talented team, beat them. Tenn Tech scored 2 runs, 2 games in a row against Texas. Our success as a program does not have anything to do with what State does outside of our series with them, but when they are consistently reaching the supers and we are falling flat on our faces, either not making a regional or losing in front of more people than any team in the country, its a problem. I actually made this thread during the first game of their regional, partly to prove a point. You are exactly right, State plays with far more grit.. I think some of it is the kids they recruit. That is something that we need to look at. We have more stars next to our players, but (JUST BEING HONEST) feel disgusted when I see Bianco take pictures with our recruits who look like Patagonia and Polo had a child.. We need to recruit some kids with neck beards and dirt under their nails. At the end of the day, Bianco has to take a long look in the mirror.. I coach and am sympathetic to coaches, but when you consistently are having the same result at the end of the season, its time to take a look in the mirror.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 pm
ThunderReb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 am Why are WE (Rebels) emotional about what State is doing? We shouldn't be....our success as a program should not hinge on what State does. We had a good year....it sucked the way it ended but that's just it....too many of our people are too emotional about how we ended when the truth is that that emotion is because of State seeing success.
Truth: This program would be nothing without Bianco. Truth: Bianco teams lack GRIT. Truth: The lack of grit= not winning late in the season when you have to dig deep and find something besides MLB tangibles...we don't have those intangibles like GRIT. Truth=State's players (especially Mangum)have GRIT.
How do we get grit? Stop only recruiting the kids that play for these high $$ programs around the country. They have no grit when things get tough....give me a dirtbag player that will give you all he has every time out and I will beat the hE77 out of a team full of "elite perfect game players" 9 out of 10 times.

I'm through...…I will now return to my normal smarta$$ self....

Sorry I am so late getting back... I agree with a lot of things you said, but disagree with a few. I am not emotional at all about State. They are our in state rival and a Western division opponent. I am concerned with anybody that beats us consistently at any sport. They have owned us lately with much less talented teams. I am emotional because we were a national seed who could not handle business at home. I am not emotional because we got beat. I am emotional because we looked like mental midgets against Tenn Tech and that comes from the skipper. Texas did what was supposed to be done against a lesser talented team, beat them. Tenn Tech scored 2 runs, 2 games in a row against Texas. Our success as a program does not have anything to do with what State does outside of our series with them, but when they are consistently reaching the supers and we are falling flat on our faces, either not making a regional or losing in front of more people than any team in the country, its a problem. I actually made this thread during the first game of their regional, partly to prove a point. You are exactly right, State plays with far more grit.. I think some of it is the kids they recruit. That is something that we need to look at. We have more stars next to our players, but (JUST BEING HONEST) feel disgusted when I see Bianco take pictures with our recruits who look like Patagonia and Polo had a child.. We need to recruit some kids with neck beards and dirt under their nails. At the end of the day, Bianco has to take a long look in the mirror.. I coach and am sympathetic to coaches, but when you consistently are having the same result at the end of the season, its time to take a look in the mirror.
Just so we're clear.....I wasn't directly saying to you that you were emotional about State.....outside of this....GREAT post!