Any rumors on OC

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Any street talk on our new OC, Briles jumped to FSU. Might be a good thing after Army game.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

If we are lucky itll be Jeff Lebby, if Matt wants to wait until the coaches conference to kick the tires on a few guys we will be lucky to get the L A Rams Video manager...I swear you cant make this stuff up. all Rebeldom is literally screaming help..."Please let my people go!"
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Merry Christmas everybody. Say a prayer to the Lord and send a letter to Santa.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Well understand the rumors are over and we now have Rich Rod...Appears his baggage is under the rug, hope he can return to his days of yesteryear WVA....Looking forward to next season both on the D & O side of the ball....Hotty Toddy
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

I could care less what baggage our coaches have. They could have
child prostitutes chained to their stoves at home to make home-made apple pies for sale to black market cartel members for all I care. I just wanna win every game. 😎
Later,
Hagar
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hagar wrote:
I could care less what baggage our coaches have. They could have
child prostitutes chained to their stoves at home to make home-made apple pies for sale to black market cartel members for all I care. I just wanna win every game. 😎

As old Dale Earnhardt use to say if you an't cheating you an't trying..... ;) ;) ;)
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrhawki wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 pm Well understand the rumors are over and we now have Rich Rod...Appears his baggage is under the rug, hope he can return to his days of yesteryear WVA....Looking forward to next season both on the D & O side of the ball....Hotty Toddy
I hope to god he doesn’t return to his days, or at least his offense, at WVA. It is totally not in line with our oersonnel (especially at QB) and will not work against athletic SEC defenses. You can not expect to win in the SEC with a run first, pass rarely, QB.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

So the general consensus among many OM fans is that the Rich offense won’t work in the SEC. Neither will the air raid offense. Bret B showed us the power run traditional offense won’t work either. Unless you have 5 star lines and skill players, which the NCAA has made clear we are not allowed to have. So my question is, what will work? What are we supposed to run?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Post by Chucky_38 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm

So the general consensus among many OM fans is that the Rich offense won’t work in the SEC. Neither will the air raid offense. Bret B showed us the power run traditional offense won’t work either. Unless you have 5 star lines and skill players, which the NCAA has made clear we are not allowed to have. So my question is, what will work? What are we supposed to run?

Totally agree here. Just hope the change is going to help the team moving forward. What we had in place wasn't working. Really hope both these hires we can keep and the team will be better from the hire.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrhawki wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm Post by Chucky_38 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Totally agree here. Just hope the change is going to help the team moving forward. What we had in place wasn't working. Really hope both these hires we can keep and the team will be better from the hire.
Bret B ran a power run offense? Didn’t he throw the ball 50 times a game?
Chucky_38
All American
All American

bbqit wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:06 pm
jrhawki wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:24 pm Post by Chucky_38 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 pm

Bret B ran a power run offense? Didn’t he throw the ball 50 times a game?
He had too. It wasn’t what he wanted though. Not what he recruited too or implemented. He attempted to play power run and smash mouth defense like he did at Wisconsin. Didn’t translate. He tried to open it up but was clearly out of his comfort zone.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
cajunrebel

Hagar wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:40 pm I could care less what baggage our coaches have. They could have
:shock: :P :D Too d*** funny but true!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
darylscook
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I'm not sure about Mingo, but surely Jerrion Ealy loves this hire. He should thrive under this offense! And, he's a stud! I sure hope he stays with his commitment. Between Ealy, Scottie Phillips, and Wollourd, we will have one of the backfields we've had in a while if he signs!
-----
Go Rebs!!
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

darylscook wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:20 pm I'm not sure about Mingo, but surely Jerrion Ealy loves this hire. He should thrive under this offense! And, he's a stud! I sure hope he stays with his commitment. Between Ealy, Scottie Phillips, and Wollourd, we will have one of the backfields we've had in a while if he signs!
The odds of Ealy coming here are slim to none. Will probably never play college football.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
GtownRebel
All American
All American

If he does it will be Clemson or MSU