Iowa State

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebs down 5 at the half. Couldn’t hit anything early on in the game and fell behind by 12 at one point. I’m honoring we come out 2nd half with some renewed energy and passion.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

2nd half is much worse. Several issues. 1. Iowa State is really good (better than us at this point) 2. We are playing our worst basketball of the year. 3. Iowa State is only shooting 94% second half with 8 mins left in the game. 4. We need a miracle! 5. We have not arrived.
Goroth

Still a work in progress. The team is up and down. Hopefully they can pick it up next game. This wasn't the effort on defense that you wanted to see. But Iowa State is a good team and just plain felt it on this day. Still feel better watching this year versus last year.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:39 pm Still a work in progress. The team is up and down. Hopefully they can pick it up next game. This wasn't the effort on defense that you wanted to see. But Iowa State is a good team and just plain felt it on this day. Still feel better watching this year versus last year.
Last year was a direct result of our ignorant administration stepping in and totally blowing up any momentum the program had. If Vitter had done what our AD and boosters had wanted, I can assure u last year would have been much different.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
Goroth

rebeljim wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:45 pm
Goroth wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:39 pm Still a work in progress. The team is up and down. Hopefully they can pick it up next game. This wasn't the effort on defense that you wanted to see. But Iowa State is a good team and just plain felt it on this day. Still feel better watching this year versus last year.
Last year was a direct result of our ignorant administration stepping in and totally blowing up any momentum the program had. If Vitter had done what our AD and boosters had wanted, I can assure u last year would have been much different.
Not going to say you are wrong either. But this is what we have now and I am not against it.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Same here. Kermit will need a few recruiting classes to fix this. Both he and AK can\could recruit, so we will get better. I am pleasantly surprised so far at the team.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:45 pm
As bad as Vitter is, that was one of the greatest gifts the university has received. Now we actually have a chance to get better.
Some Random Dude
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I am not plugged into University politics so I don't know the full picture, but I am having a hard time figuring out what Vitter could have done that cost us several wins last year. He neither played nor coached, and the bad season was caused by obvious problems with both players and coaches. While not happy with the recent losses, I am overall happy with the current basketball situation and optimistic about Ole Miss basketball's future.