Basketball season in trouble

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Goroth

Three game losing streak won't sit easy now. With MSU coming to play too. Going to be a long road to get a tourny birth now. Sitting back on the NIT road again. Kermit has to work some magic now.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Kermit cost us this game. The decision not to use full court on the in bound pass was dumb, and it cost us not only the game, but maybe cost us a shot in the big dance. Cover the in bound pass, it'll take them 2-3 seconds to get to half court, then u foul.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

AK would've won that game.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pm AK would've won that game.
Correction, AK wouldn't have had us IN that game.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 pm
There it is.
Last edited by rebeljim on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrhawki
Scout Team
Scout Team

Posted by rebeljim » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am

Kermit cost us this game. The decision not to use full court on the in bound pass was dumb, and it cost us not only the game, but maybe cost us a shot in the big dance. Cover the in bound pass, it'll take them 2-3 seconds to get to half court, then u foul.

So true...Need a win bad Sat...
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeljim wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:26 pm
There it is.
You gone to a game this year? I have.
Some Random Dude
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 pm
rebeljim wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:26 pm

There it is.
You gone to a game this year? I have.
Nope. I pull for us as hard as I can, but do it from my den.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am Kermit cost us this game. The decision not to use full court on the in bound pass was dumb, and it cost us not only the game, but maybe cost us a shot in the big dance. Cover the in bound pass, it'll take them 2-3 seconds to get to half court, then u foul.
I thought we should've covered the inbound too, but let's not pretend that was not a hell of a shot to tie the game at the end of regulation. Buffen was all over the guy and he just made a big time play.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:20 pm
rebeljim wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am Kermit cost us this game. The decision not to use full court on the in bound pass was dumb, and it cost us not only the game, but maybe cost us a shot in the big dance. Cover the in bound pass, it'll take them 2-3 seconds to get to half court, then u foul.
I thought we should've covered the inbound too, but let's not pretend that was not a hell of a shot to tie the game at the end of regulation. Buffen was all over the guy and he just made a big time play.
No question that was some shot. I'm not, nor have I bad mouthed KD. I even said after the blowout loss where TD fouled out within 5 minutes to start the second half, that KD was probably using that game as a learning device. I think KD is a very good coach that could do very well, as long as the administration keeps supporting him, something the previous coach didn't have. I just get SICK of the continuing hate toward our previous coach. PLEASE let it go, he doesn't deserve it.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I have yet to see anyone express hate in any way toward our previous basketball coach.

I've also yet to see any evidence showing that the previous administration didn't support our previous basketball coach.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm I have yet to see anyone express hate in any way toward our previous basketball coach.

I've also yet to see any evidence showing that the previous administration didn't support our previous basketball coach.
Our assistant pay pool was last in the SEC, and I think last of any p5 school. Our recruiting budget was last in the SEC, and I think last of any p5 school. There were also some smaller schools with higher assistant pay pool and higher recruiting budget. That doesn't sound like very much support to me. Our assistant pay pool was increased 67% this year. Our recruiting budget also got a big bump up from last year. Sounds like a small increase in support to me. Guess your opinion may vary. But I doubt KD would've come here with the same conditions our previous coach had. And as for as the hate, certain posters have posted attacks to our previous coach for many years now. Even the years we went dancing there were daily attacks, and I mean EVERY day. Again, guess our opinions will vary.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Yep they vary. Kinda like our choice for a wife. Even identical twins are finger print different