Pest control

If it's not about Ole Miss, it belongs here.

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0nIkDZC ... Leland,_MS

I’ve got a raccoon problem. Several nights in a row it came thru the pet door of my shed to get cat food from the ice chest. My security camera should get good video tonight
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Close off cat door first and round up cats. So they are safe. Buy a live trap and bait using fishing line and rat poison peanuts bars. Tie fishing line around bar and hang it towards the back of cage but not right up against the back as the animals will reach in and try to snag the bait without entering the live cage. The reason to hang the bait is to take their mind off how they entered into the cage as in the beginning of my trapping raccoons I just laid out the bait in the cage and they walked off with it. This prevents them from doing that. Once caught they may try to run off in the trap so you might want to anchor it. If they are rabid you will know believe me. They are mean and will attack you when you try to release them. I suggest if you have a pickup to get in the bed of truck and using a rope tied to the trigger and a stick open the cage away from you and they will run for the hills. I caught 13 in one month in Germantown and released them in another county 20 miles away in the woods.

If you don’t want to do the above, get an exterminator to do it. Raccoons are viscous and mean and will attack you. If you hand the cage above, wear tick gloves and place cage on metal or wood as they will tear up stuff as you transport them. Lost an umbrella not doing this. Good luck.👍
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I’ve caught them before. A trap baited with a can of sardines works great but for now I want to have some fun. Raccoons have been in this neighborhood for 60 years. Telling my age. My cats will be fine. They have it figured out. I’m sure the coon still has little ones so I’m not ready to relocate it yet. For now just scare the poop out of it.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

It was 2 coons
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Got a friend that tags animals for the govt. He said they paint raccoons with a florescent paint when tagging them so they know which have been tagged. Got some of that type paint in white and got a paintball land mine. If anybody hears about an albino raccoon terrorizing our town you will know what happened.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

bbqit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:01 pm Got a friend that tags animals for the govt. He said they paint raccoons with a florescent paint when tagging them so they know which have been tagged. Got some of that type paint in white and got a paintball land mine. If anybody hears about an albino raccoon terrorizing our town you will know what happened.
LMAOROTF
cajunrebel

bbqit wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:01 pm Got a friend that tags animals for the govt. He said they paint raccoons with a florescent paint when tagging them so they know which have been tagged. Got some of that type paint in white and got a paintball land mine. If anybody hears about an albino raccoon terrorizing our town you will know what happened.
I want video of this!!!!!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am
The land mine came in today. Waiting on the paint.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:39 am

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0pfcIyt ... Leland,_MS
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Paint came in today. I’m a bit busy until Sunday. Then it’s on. Might call it Operation Abstract Bandit
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

the best bait for a coon trap is marshmellows... trust me on this works quicker than anything. they crave sugar.
Later,
Hagar
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:26 pm the best bait for a coon trap is marshmellows... trust me on this works quicker than anything. they crave sugar.

That and sardines. Have had luck trapping with both
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Coon has not been back for a few days. Not setting trap till I know he is coming
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Coon is back. Matter a fact right now. Looking at him. Cats aren’t bothered by him so he has been around for a while. Setting paint trap tonight. Hoping for good pics. Hope it leaves an LSU on its rear.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Trap was set at 5 pm. At 6 I looked out the window and 4 coons were checking out the bait. I had to leave for Father’s Day with dad but pulled up a security camera and they were still there. Also had a game camera watching from the other direction. Got home and paint was all over the bushes! Got the sd card to check. That card had 5 cats and me on it and nothing else. WTH? So I looked at the security camera. I had watched them so I knew it had them. The cameras turn off just before the mine was tripped then turn back on. Got to be Bigfoot coons. It’s on now. Changing color of paint and gonna make necessary adjustments. It’s 4 of them. One is particularly ugly. They are gonna hate me before this is over.